2 lbs. mussels (cleaned)
3 Tbsp butter or olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 white onion chopped
12 oz. beer (I like IPA or a darker beer with lots of flavor)
Handful of chapped parsley
Any kind of pasta
Vodka marinara sauce
Salt & pepper
1. Boil well salted water and cook the pasta.
2. Drain and return to pot, add enough sauce to lightly coat the pasta. Stir a few times to warm the sauce.
While the pasta is cooking, start the mussels.
3. Melt the butter in a large pot and add garlic and onions. Wait the garlic and onions become translucent.
4. Add the mussels and stir to combine the garlic, onions, and mussels.
5. Pour the beer over the entire pot and cover with lid.
6. Mussels will cook very quickly. They will start to open when they are cooked. Between 5…
View original post 8 more words